down-arrow

The New Classic

While the world has been swept up in Yeezymania the last few weeks, there’s another pair of black sneakers we’ve had our eyes on. Subtle, lightweight and an icon of Adidas’ penchant for technical footwear design the EQT Support 93 was a classic way before Kanye ever interrupted someone else’s award acceptance speech.

Adidas put the 93 back out last year with a bunch of colourways that were nice, but just nice. Then Pusha T had his ode to his coke slanging days with his very own King Push x EQT Running Guidance 93 and we started to pay attention again. This month Adidas really pushed the boat out with this blacked out edition.

Now I for one am usually critical of all black silhouettes. All black allows for the not so pretty aspects of a shoe to hide in plain sight but these are something else. With enough accents to keep you staring but not bursting at the seams to make the shoe too busy, these are quietly beautiful.

A big deal when they were first released, Adidas has ensured they’re a big deal on re-release by sticking to original colourways but building using modern techniques. A neoprene sockliner, textile overlays married with engineered mesh construct the upper and toe box. Of course the shoe is 95% black with the remaining 5% being white detailng on the midsole, socklining and tongue. Splashes of seafoam green on the lace loops make up the minimal palete.

It seems there’s an all black colourway coming out every month¬†but you won’t find many more blacked out silhouettes that look and are built better than these European exclusives. The Adidas Originals EQT Support 93 ‘Classic Black’ slipped under the radar of most but check out stores like Afew and Sneaker BAAS before remaining pairs are all gone.

Sam Arojo



Leave a Reply

11324249_405027906367800_342914663_n
Will Robson Scott
Meetthee1
ldf_upload1_0
main
blackatelier1